I'm not exactly sure why I forgot. It can't be summer mode, as I never really got to enter into that zone this year; too many obligations and appointments have kept us busy. I was at a professional development session yesterday morning, for crying out loud; should have remembered that it was Tuesday today.
Things I do remember:
- the appointment we have with our son's oral surgeon this afternoon
- the looming deadline for the professional development I'm co-presenting, and the amount of work left undone
- our houseplants need watering today
- I'm a day behind in washing bath towels (that alone should have reminded me of Tuesday, as Monday is towel washing day)
- it's my weights workout day
- I'm cooking pork chops tonight, since they've been defrosting in the fridge
- the books I'm meaning to read today
- the planning I need to do today
- the cleaning I need to do today
Maybe today's mental file cabinet was just a bit too full to remember the day of the week. That's what I am going to tell myself, at least.