Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Tuesday Slice: The changing of the purse

It's the day after Labor Day, and you probably won't find me wearing white shoes until March.  I don't remember blatantly being told "wear white between Memorial Day and Labor Day", but I do remember wearing patent white shoes to church for Easter.  Maybe my penchant for cyclic colors started when I was young, attending Catholic Mass. Ceiling-hung banners, altar cloths, and priestly vestments declared the liturgical season--green for Ordinary Time, purple for Advent and Lent, white for Easter and Christmas.  Speaking of green, here's the purse I sported through spring and summer:
Now that I reside in the endless summer of central Texas, I like to think that my color choices are more practical than fashion.  I cannot fathom attracting even more heat by wearing dark brown and black in triple digit temperatures, so those clothes stay boxed up until September.  We're dropping down into the eighties this week--a cold front!--and my air-conditioned workplace will keep me comfortable in darker hues.  Come March, though, I'll tire of my fall and winter colors.  Spring Break will find me unpacking the light greens, yellows, and peaches of my warm-weather clothing yet again. 

Here's to the turning of the seasons, starting with a new purse.

2 comments:

  1. Cute purse.

    I'm not ready for fall anything ascwe have temps in the 90s all week--in Idaho. The gray skies of winter beg for colorful clothing, but finding color in the winter is tough.

    I should change purses. I'm carrying a white, handmade one I purchased in France during spring break. I'm not read to put it away yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the red purse!

    It is so funny that you sliced about this topic today. Just this morning I was thinking about switching out my wardrobe. I almost put on a pair of light pink pants, then thought about it and grabbed the grey ones. Isn't it funny how we think about the cycles of color?

    ReplyDelete