Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Tuesday Slice: Advent

Little by little, the season appears.  

Leaves fall
Cool winds blow
Trips to the mall

Lights are strung
Cards arrive
A wreath is hung

A manger goes up
Cinnamon in the air
Cocoa in a cup

Little by little, the season appears.

Boxes on the doorstep
Covered outdoor plants
Chilly mornings overslept

Homecoming hugs
Classes done
Red and green mugs

Making room for the tree
Sweaters unpacked
Finding the magic key

Little by little, the season appears.

6 comments:

  1. I love the quiet you created in this poem. This is such a busy time of the year, yet you managed to slow me down with your words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christine! I guess writing in the quiet of predawn hours helps. :-)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! I love the images you created here. So glad the season is here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too, Kathleen. I need this time to focus on giving and loving and sensing the season.

      Delete
  3. Ah! So many lovely bits of the season indeed. Sweaters, cocoa, boxes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweater weather seems to be harder to come by in these parts, so I cherish the days I can pull mine out of the closet!

      Delete