Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Tuesday Slice: Learning to play again

 

play

1 of 2

verb

played; playing; plays
Synonyms of play

intransitive verb

1
a
: to engage in sport or recreation : frolic

--definition from Merriam Webster Online Dictionary

Slowly but surely, 
I am learning to play again
    Try something new, without fear of judgement
    Poking and looping and laughing
    Making mistakes without consequences


I am learning to play again
    Rip and cut, tear and glue, repeat
    Allowing time to pass without need for a product
    Choosing I Can over I Should

I am learning to play again 
    With bright colors to reflect the heat
    Lifting my mood with patterns and comfort
    Applying lipstick to match, just because

Play will be an important theme for this last trimester of living!

I am finally taking my own advice from a book I read back in 2014!  You can read a bit about it from my blogpost about Play, by Stuart Brown.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, there is so much color in your play - the yarns, glitter, the fabric - it makes the invitation to play even more joyful!

    ReplyDelete