Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Tuesday Slice: My first day of school

The students have been back since last Thursday.  I've been greeted with smiles and hugs and finger waves in the hallways.  Teachers have told me their classes are champing at the bit to get into the library.  (Our mascot is a stallion, so the idiom fits.)

Today, we open the doors for class visits.  Promptly at eight am, two third grade classes will arrive for a quick orientation lesson on Nearpod, then let loose with shelf markers in hand to check out books.  They will be followed by a stream of kindergarteners and first graders, who will listen to read-alouds of We're Going on a Book Hunt and The Shelf Elf . Another round of third grade, and then second grade to end our day.

There are still items to catalog, a table to clear, and my office to clean up.  My wonderful assistant is making visual signage, but we may have to shift that soon when a minor remodeling project takes place.  I have yet to make firm lesson plans past next week.

Ready or not, the readers are coming!

1 comment:

  1. So exciting to begin a new year with all the freshness of a cool fall day! Wishing you happy read alouds!

    ReplyDelete