Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Tuesday Slice: Breeze through an open door

The sun broke through the clouds as I sat in a heavy wooden rocking chair, on a balcony overlooking a gentle slope of dormant grapevines.  Sun's warmth had been hard to come by this February; I closed my eyes, and let the rays sink into my bare arms and face.

Clouds rolled in, and the cooling breeze interrupted my dozing.  Moving inside, I noticed a coverlet I hadn't paid attention to before.  The soft bed and a book beckoned.  Leaving the balcony door open, I sank back onto the pillows.  I let this moment sink in--the sounds of birds, the feel of the breeze through an open door, the weight of the book in my lap.  I was utterly, deeply content.
***********
I was blessed last weekend by attending a SoulCollage© retreat at The Vineyard in Florence, Texas.  From Friday afternoon through Sunday, I was in the presence of soulful women as we read our cards and created an altar for them.  I didn't realize just how much I needed the quiet until this exact moment. I hope to do this again next year. 

6 comments:

  1. I love how you included so many sensory images in this post. I could feel the sun too and then the blissful comfort of a soft bed. It sounds like heaven. So happy you had this experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely moment! I'm so glad you had a chance to retreat and refresh. Thanks for sharing this time with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds lovely. I hope you do it again next year too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the descriptive words as well. It actually made me pause to imagine what it must have been like and then I realized maybe I could so the same here, where I am. Even if not a beautiful retreat, this made me realize the language I use to describe my surroundings impacts my thinking about them and that is something I have control over. THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful slice. I find I need to draw apart for quiet and rest.... sometimes a few moments in a day, sometimes in a retreat. Yours sounds so lovely. I hope you get to return next year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am longing for this...he feel of the breeze through an open door, the weight of the book in my lap. I was utterly, deeply content. Thanks for sharing. xo

    ReplyDelete