Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Tuesday Slice: New markers

They arrive just a few days after I order them online.  Four sets of Tombow dual-ended brush markers.  I have no idea how to use them, but they were recommended by websites and friends, and I have two sketchbooks filled with heavy paper beckoning to be used.

My first attempts are doodles, swooshes, spirals.  Ombre swaths, experimenting with the blending pen.  The paper absorbs the ink, sometimes pilling in the process, but doesn't bleed through.

More swishes with different colors. A childlike landscape hearkens back to my elementary art classes.  Flowers emerge in response to gray February days. 

At the top of each page sits a sentence.  Though I'm no artist with words, they are the medium I'm most comfortable using, even with these lovely new markers at my disposal.

2 comments:

  1. There is nothing like a new tool to play with as it does harken us back to childlike playful times! Thanks for sharing your initial works of art. They are inspiring me to investigate these brush markers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fun, Christine! I goal is to play with them at least a couple times a week. I need more creative time!

      Delete