Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Tuesday Slice: Starts and a full stop

I've now started three different topics on this page, and backspaced over all of them. 

End-of-school-year countdown--been there, done that, doing it again.
Reneging on a promise I made to myself about not presenting PD this summer--no point in hashing it out, I've signed up.  And it's only half a day, and the presentation is already prepped, blah, blah, blah.
On the difficulties of knowing better, but not always doing better, especially when it comes to work/ life balance; pretty sure I've covered that in a dozen posts.

That's all I've got in my head this morning.  No Muse is alighting on my shoulder to whisper sweet topics in my ear.  My to-do list is long, my well of creativity coming up short.

Come back and visit next Tuesday; maybe I'll have something print-worthy then!

10 comments:

  1. What is worthy of writing? What is worthy of being offered as writing? We have biases, don't we? There were several details I found here and want to keep: "backspace" as a verb, on "knowing better but not always doing better" - yes, I know that feeling and can fully relate. Also this long-short contrast at the end is perfect. There's a clarity in the words you choose and the images they invoke - "No Muse is alighting my shoulder.." and even more so the emotions they call forth. There's so much here even if it may feel like old hat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherri, you've taken my pitiful attempt and made it seem beautiful! I'm glad there were bits to inspire you as well.

      Delete
  2. "No Muse is alighting on [her] shoulder to whisper sweet topics in [her] ear," and yet she wrote. So often I feel like you write: "My to-do list is long, my well of creativity coming up short."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's that time of year, isn't it, Alice? I need to be a bit more observant in the coming week; maybe inspiration will strike that way.

      Delete
  3. On some days the words flow. On others not so much. When you look back, the words you wrote today, still carry meaning, and may nudge further writing. If not, this is ok too. I hope you get some rest in the midst of the end of the year busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Terje! Yes, this Tuesday caught me short on inspiration. I am sleeping a lot this week; maybe that will help!

      Delete
  4. Chris, you wrote on my blog, and became the 10,000th comment.
    http://dogtrax.edublogs.org/2018/04/25/blog-celebration-10000-comments-and-counting/
    :)
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So of course I had to comment on that post, too, Kevin! Congrats!

      Delete
  5. Work-life balance... always so tricky! I can relate to starting multiple topics and backspacing over all. Some writing days are just like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elisabeth, for the support. I use the backspace button all. the. time!

      Delete