Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Tuesday Slice: Revisiting my OLW

Enough.
This is my One Little Word for 2018. 
Enough as an affirmation:  I am enough.
Enough as boundary setting:  That is enough of that; no more.
Enough as gratitude:  I have enough.

But as this school year quickly approaches, my enough has turned into too much, too many, too little.

Too many restless nights.
Too much to do in eight hours.
Too little energy to give my family at home.
Too many emails requiring answers.
Too much time spent in meetings.
Too little quiet moments.
Too many piles of work left undone.
Too much time spent at school.
Too little exercise and nutritious food.

Enough of the too much, too many, too little, I said.  
So off I went to bed

To get enough sleep, and exercise, and good food
To hope for enough time to get work done
And enough energy when I get home, to smile and hug the ones I love.

Home is where my enough resides.
"Home", a SoulCollage card
created by Christine Margocs, August 2018.

12 comments:

  1. It's a good reminder. I find I always struggle with the transition. Remember that mantra: ENOUGH. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Transition is exhausting at the beginning, isn't it? Let's take care of ourselves!

      Delete
  2. I love this OLW! It is very hard to hold on to at this crazy busy time of year. I wish you ENOUGH of all you need to be for the ones you love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christine; same to you as you start your year! Wishing you balance.

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed reading how you interpret the word "enough". My idea of that word has negative connotations. Now I have a much better view of it and I'm cheering you on as you seek your enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sally. I need to post it at work as a reminder; that's where it's needed the most!

      Delete
  4. Very well said. Good thoughts/good plans. The Germans have a saying, it is: Genug ist genug. Which translates to: "Enough is enough". Love Ya, Dad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sleep is going to be my number one priority this month, Dad. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. The transition feels like the down slope of a roller coaster. Here’s hoping for equilibrium soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such an apt analogy! Uphill for the prep, speeding down when the kids arrive! Looking forward to the routine settling in.

      Delete