Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Tuesday Slice: What's in your phone?

I found my Muse for today's post in the photo gallery on my phone.  Browsing the pictures from the last few weeks, I found several that held my attention.  I realized that together they made a visual gratitude journal entry.
My amazing, creative, adventurous daughter.
Hot tea, and the view from my front porch.
Books of all genres, at my fingertips. (The boxes are full, too.)
My mother's crystal, and the ridiculous cuteness of this teeny cordial stemware.
More food than I need--this is Thanksgiving leftover potpie.
The glory of the skies at dusk--all I have to do is look up.
The joy of family traditions--visiting the Johnson City Courthouse the day after Thanksgiving.
Family willing to travel through states to share traditions.
My hardworking, smart-as-a-whip college boy who comes home for the holiday, and a husband who bears with my every fault and still manages to love me.
Cookie press cookies--can baking get any easier?
Comfy AND cute holiday shoes to wear while I bake gingerbread boys!
A note from the Universe at a school function.
A family heirloom, passed along by my great-aunt along with my mother's baptismal gown.

What's in my phone?  A lot of unfortunate selfies, and whole lotta gratitude.  

5 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Love Ya, Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do leftover Thanksgiving potpie too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! So many students could use this as a way to generate topics - it was so cool to see so many slices -- each could be its own story. I have never had leftover Thanksgiving potpie -sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea! First, I love the idea that you've taken pictures of so many things you love. Second, I love that you used the phone/pictures to create your slice. Third, I love Tammy's idea about using this in the classroom to generate topics. Also, your family is clearly amazing :) THANKS for this wonderful slice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun range of experiences and feelings captured in these shots. Mini master class of tone conveyed via images!

    ReplyDelete