Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Tuesday Slice: Fall vibes

 


Fall vibes

Fuzzy socks 
long-sleeved pajamas
extra blanket
at bedtime

So-dark mornings
one more snooze button
chilled kitchen
warm cinnamon-scented coffee

Crisp sunrises
invoke deep breathing
skies of pale blues
or stormy grays

Warm sunsets
last of the mosquitoes lurking
fewer birds at the feeder
plants dug up by hoarding squirrels

Children focused 
on costumes and candy
adults already shopping
for Christmas

Calendar checks
trips planned
who's-cooking-the-turkey
pumpkin pie, apple, or both

Cardigans on rotation
coats at the ready
hats and mittens
not far behind

Fall vibes.

3 comments:

  1. Yes! Fall vibes! I love this slice - I just started to feel those vibes this week and putting on my sweatshirt this morning to have my coffee felt oh so cozy! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fall vibes are right on target, Chris. I think you could create an image poem using a few of your stanzas and a beautiful background image. I am getting ready to send an invitation to join me in celebrating autumn with a new gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So-dark mornings, cinnamon-scented coffee, crisp sunrises that invoke deep breathing - you capture the season so well, Chris. I, too, celebrate cardigans on rotation, the coming of the holidays, and the departure of mosquitoes!

    ReplyDelete