Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Tuesday Slice: Overscheduled

At this time next week, I'll be preparing for day two of our Texas Library Association's Annual Conference. I've downloaded the app to map out my sessions, but I don't know how much I'll get to use it.

I'm overscheduled.  Out of three-and-a-half days of conference, 8a to 6p, I have maybe twelve hours to attend breakout sessions and peruse the exhibit floor.

I'm usually overwhelmed by the sheer number of offerings at TLA, dashing from one session to another, trying to cram all the learning I can into this week away from my circulation desk.  But this year feels different.  Yes, I'll learn a lot on Monday at Tech Camp and Speed Dating the Bluebonnets.  It will be interesting to participate with my principal for the first time at the administrator's conference on Tuesday, and there may be some new bells and whistles with our databases that the vendor will reveal at their luncheon.  Wednesday will be fun because I'm hosting two of my teachers at their first ever TLA conference. They've already planned their day past our opening breakfast--but I'm on the committee, so Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday morning, I'll be preparing for Teacher Day.  My own schedule is filled with big events, leaving only small pockets of time in between to grab a session or visit my favorite vendors in the huge exhibit hall before they close that night.  That leaves Thursday morning to attend just a couple sessions...and then it's over.

Will I even have time to take notes?  

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, sounds like an intense experience ahead and one you look forward to and to which you actively contribute quite a lot. Good luck managing all your commitments. I do hope you find some time to enjoy having your professional learning cup filled a bit, too.

    ReplyDelete