Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Tuesday Slice: I need a day...

I need a day
To wake up when my body wants to
Drink coffee at my leisure
With no particular place to go

I need a day
When my body feels whole, refreshed
I'm not too tired to exercise
Movement bringing a smile to my face

I need a day
With no deadlines, no rushing
No planner with lists
Except this one:
          Sunshine
          Nature
          Books
          Art
          Rest. 


******
With eight days of school left, two more days of testing, and thirteen days of work, I woke up with a sore throat this morning. This post is wishful thinking about summer break! 

1 comment:

  1. How succinctly you convey this need. I need this day, too. So very much. But soon ... godspeed the healing of your sore throat! Here's to strength and stamina (and if it gets worse - go back to bed! Sometimes we have to be our own priority).

    ReplyDelete