Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Tuesday Slice: Puttering

A full day off, and a full to-do list.  It started off well enough.  Still in pajamas and before my husband left for work, I had replaced the pictures on the mantel left bare from packed-up Christmas decor.  I even got a bit of cleaning in, since the frames had gathered dust over the holidays, and hey, once the dust cloth is out, why not swipe it over a few more surfaces?

Then hubby was out the door, and the puttering started.

I packaged up some gifts to send to friends...and birdwatched.
Started a load of laundry...and played a game on my phone.
Did a little workout...and read work emails.
Took a shower...and checked Facebook.
Went to the kitchen to fix brunch...filled the bird feeder and fed the squirrels instead.
Finally ate brunch, rebooted the laundry...and watched reels on Facebook.

You get the gist.  Five p.m. arrived before I knew it, and I had barely touched the decluttering projects I had lined up, or the school work that needed to be completed.  I only read a few pages of my fun read, not the "serious" stuff or kidlit.

After completing the work-related stuff at ten-thirty pm last night, I set the screen time limit on my phone.  Looking forward to some crossed-off items on that to-do list today...and a decent bedtime.

4 comments:

  1. Hard, eh? Time flies for me when I am online and I know I need to do a better job of limiting myself. I hope your new plan worked for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Puttering - might be my OLW for 2024 - it's creative doing without pressure. Puttering - yes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything you did was the right thing to do in that moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris, puttering around is a rewarding activity because it let you enjoy your time alone. Scheduled tasks sometimes are so stressful. Your day sounds like you were able to go at your own pace. My one word is be so I feel being in the moment worked well for you.

    ReplyDelete