Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Tuesday Slice: 2018 One Word

The book had been sitting on my nightstand for three days:
The plan was to re-read it sometime over the next few days and fill in the corresponding page in Leonie Dawson's "My Shining Year" workbook. 
I wasn't going to Slice over the holidays, but the email prompt this morning aligned with the task on my to-do list: write about your One Word for 2018.  Still in my comfy flannel pajamas, second cup of coffee in hand, I settled back against my bed pillows and quickly skimmed through Gordon's book.  I answered the prescribed three questions about needs and barriers, then centered myself to receive my word.  It came quickly; in fact, it's been screaming at me throughout much of 2017:
Enough.  It's a funny little word, if you look at it and say it several times, considering the odd spelling rules of the English language.  

I am enough. I have enough--stuff, willpower, strength, faith, experience--to get me started and through and above all the tasks and goals ahead.  "Enough" doesn't mean I'm settling for the status quo; it becomes a battle cry when my boundaries and dreams have been breached or threatened.  

I have not, however, had enough hot cocoa this winter break.  I'm off to make myself a cup of chocolate goodness, and dream about what my One Little Word holds in store for me this 2018.


3 comments:

  1. Make sure to get enough hot cocoa these chilly days! And watch for all that enough will mean for you this year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this OLW! Loved your noticing that 'enough' becomes "funny little word, if you look at it and say it several times," - I have noticed that to be true of many words. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One can never have enough hot cocoa during the winter months. I like how your word can be applied to all aspects of your life. Happy 2018!

    ReplyDelete