Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Tuesday Slice: Breathing in the moonlight

Nine-thirty, my intended bedtime.  I change into pajamas, but head to my computer instead of bed, already behind in my Spanish lessons.  Whispering translated sentences using tenía and quería, I complete the quiz and start down the hallway to bed.

Then pause.  The full moon!  I forgot to go outside and take a peek! Looking through the windows, I can see moonlight streaming around the edges of our huge backyard oak, but can't see the old man himself.  I decide to put on my slippers, grab the camera, and head for the backyard.

And there it is, high in the sky.  The Harvest Moon, shining brightly in these first nights of autumn.


My husband joins me for a few moments.  I hear him taking deep breaths of the cooler night air, and I do the same.  Mindful of the time, we head back indoors.  Peaceful sleep awaits.

6 comments:

  1. So much power in that moon. So many feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was beautiful here in Connecticut too. There really is something magical about a clear night with a full moon. Love the way you talk about the old man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were talking about team norms today and adding "conversation about moon cycles" came up! ha ha I had to laugh when I saw your slice. It was a MUST READ today! the moon is so important and influential

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moon gazing is addictive! I'm so glad you took the detour and that your husband joined you there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was too rainy here last night... and I forgot to look for it. {Sigh.} Thanks for bringing me along to moon gaze with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures. Are you still using the small Canon Power-Shot camera?
    We've taken some nice photos with ours, but we haven't been too good when trying to take pictures of the moon. Have a great day. Love Ya, Dad.

    ReplyDelete