Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Tuesday Slice: Except for the mosquitoes

 

The weather has been pleasantly cool(er) these past few evenings. Looking out our window, we spied our costumed neighbor and her friend setting up chairs in the driveway to pass out treats.  "We could do that, too," said my husband.  "We could," I replied.  We made sure our chocolate and non-chocolate containers were full, gathered our water jugs, and headed to the front porch.

We were visited by several swarms of children, many of whom are my students.  It was fun to hear them tell their parents "That's my librarian!" as they headed down the sidewalk.

We were also visited by several mosquitoes.

I can't imagine what I looked like, brushing at my face and arms at the slightest sensation, standing up suddenly and swatting the air like a windmill as two or three of those flying bloodsuckers passed within my field of vision.

We didn't get as many trick-or-treaters this year.  I wonder why....

2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha! I hate mosquitoes and they love me so much. I could totally picture you swatting away. I'm constantly brushing my legs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Swatting the air like a windmill," story of my life. Uggg, mosquitoes, I don't like them at all! They enjoy feasting on me. I also had grand plans to enjoy the evening passing out candy, but after the first welt within two minutes of standing on the front porch, nope, nope, nope.

    ReplyDelete