Wednesday, March 1, 2017

2017 SOLC Day 1: Three goals


Three beginnings today--the first day of March, Lent, and the 2017 SOLC. Threes figure prominently in the major events in my life--dates of birth and death, anniversaries, graduations.  I wasn't fully aware of the coincidences until I gave birth to my son, my third pregnancy, who arrived on May 9th, two minutes before three o'clock in the afternoon, with the cord wrapped around his neck three times, with three thumbs. I'm pretty sure he will always be the ultimate simultaneous occurrence of threes in my life.

But I digress....back to the three beginnings that face me this morning.

The first day of March begins my birth month.  I have an important birthday this year--my fifty-first.  Another "three", it marks the age at which my mother passed away.  I'll be exploring the memories of my mother, and what this horizon line means for me.

The first day of Lent begins with a fast from food and Facebook; the former to last a day, the latter, the entire Lenten season, with the exception of my birthday weekend.  I'll strive to visit my favorite "quiet site" each morning, Sacred Space , to feed my soul. Exercise and healthy food will also be a part of my Lenten observance, to take care of my body.

Last, but not least, I begin my fifth year of participation in the Slice of Life Challenge, with the goal of writing a personal blog post every day for the next thirty days.  I'm planning on continuing my twice-weekly reading/ library related posts on my other blog, More Books Than Time.  I'm hoping the break from Facebook and playing digital games will free up the time to do all this writing!

Thank you to all who stop by this blog to share this journey with me!

8 comments:

  1. Three is a significant number. I love how you pay attention to that and notice how it works in your life. Happy Slicing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by this morning, Michelle; it's great to see you in the SOLC lineup again this year!

      Delete
  2. Interesting to hear about the number three in your life, Chris. Best wishes as you begin this March journey, and celebrate your birthday too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda! Looking forward to catching up with your blog posts this month, too.

      Delete
  3. There's only so much time in a day - so smart of you to clear time for this March writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Tara; I don't think I could get this done without the fast from social media.

      Delete
  4. A thoughtful start Chris. Can't wait to hear more of your reflections and connections.
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bonnie! Heading over to see your first day musings now. :-)

      Delete