Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Tuesday Slice: Battle of the bulge, again

 

I'm doubling up today--using my Verselove poem prompted by ethicalela.com  as my Slice.
Denise gives us these rules for today:
4 syllables in each line
4 lines in each stanza
4 stanzas
Refrain repeated four times in lines 1, 2, 3, 4 of stanzas 1, 2, 3, 4. 
Bonus: Try writing a title in four syllables

Growing Waistline

My pants--too tight
Too many sweets
Too much eating
Without thinking

I eat when stressed
My pants--too tight
I eat when happy
Emotions fed

The first step done
I am aware
My pants--too tight
Action needed

I know what works
Write it all down
(Inconsistent)...
My pants--too tight.

I refuse to buy bigger pants.


9 comments:

  1. Oh, the woes of the expanding waistline. I get it. You executed this prompt well. I haven't made it over to Ethical ELA this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow the waistline woes never really go away between emotions and age! Your poem captures the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you nailed it...as I sit here with tight pants on! I like this form and will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your poem about waistline woes is one many an share. The challenges are real.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There certainly is a fine line between giving oneself grace and eating one's way into obesity...sigh.

      Delete
  5. Christine,
    I can relate to this ongoing battle. My mom was tiny and thin, but I’m built like my grandmother. I was doing well during the spring of 2020, but catching Covid sabotaged me. I lost taste and smell but had ravenous cravings I could not satiate. In Feb 21 I joined Noom and have been on the program since. It’s helped me lose 32 pounds, but more importantly, it has helped me deal w/ the psychological underpinnings of weight issues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on my second round of Noom...it helped me lose 25 pounds each time, but I've gained it back. I know from past experience that it's really the food logging that helps me be aware of my emotional, fog eating...

      Delete
  6. You find the most interesting structures to try out and pull them off well. I don't like buying bigger pants, but they're so much more comfortable, sigh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice, check out ethicalela.org--they're hosting a month of poetry, with a different form each day. No having to hunt for them, the inspiration is right at hand!

      Delete