Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Tuesday Slice/ Verselove: A poem found in my inbox

 

Today's Slice also doubles as a poem for ethicalela.com 's Verselove,
an April poetry writing opportunity for educators.
Dr. Amy Vetter has prompted us by using text at hand to create a found poem.
My lines come from my email inbox this morning.


What I need and should know, from my email inbox

Your weekly progress
Brand new music.

If you’re a bird, I’m a bird
Two types of heartbreaks.

Lingering showers
Warmer days ahead
Are you in need of some Vitamin Sea?

Hurry!
Better sleep is finally here!
Easy overnight breakfast!

50% off books–
Chris, it’s time to make the move.

All members
Need to course correct.

A Note from the Universe
The (real) definition of success
Gratefulness.

4 comments:

  1. I love how you end with the word "gratefulness". I am not always so grateful for the pile up of emails. Lately I've been deleting most of them. I could definitely use some vitamin sea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I. Love. This. Format. TRULY! I am going to try it out. Thanks for the inspiration, Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a creative format! I'll be looking at my overloaded inbox with a new perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Again - I love the absolute creativity of this, Chris, and am in awe of how you organized subject lines into a poetic whole! I believe that the universe is telling us that our measure of success should be gratitude - for having been alive, having loved, having seen the wonders we've been allowed to see - for so many things. Those are mighty lines. Gratitude is a large part of why I write.

    ReplyDelete