Thursday, March 5, 2020

SOLSC '20 Day Five: Full mail cubby, full heart

It was getting dark.  The book fair had been closed for the day for over an hour.  Tills were put away, reports were run, but I still had one more task to complete before heading home.

The lights in the workroom turned on as I opened the door and walked to the copier. I was joined by one of our kindergarten teachers, and we chatted a bit about the fair, and why I didn't remember to print the coupons before we opened this afternoon.  I made my copies, cut them apart as she made hers, and then she left with well-wishes.

I started distributing the coupons in the mail cubbies, left to right, top to bottom.  All of us "fringe teachers" come first, so it wasn't long before I came to my own box.

It was full of papers.  I paused to remove them, setting them on the lunch table.  That explains the early birthday wishes during book fair preview today, I thought to myself; I am one lucky librarian.





No comments:

Post a Comment