Thursday, March 12, 2020

SOLSC '20 Day Twelve: At this moment

I am one-day-before-Spring-Break-weary. (Yes, I am taking a rare day off tomorrow.  It's Field Day, and this librarian needs a break.)  So weary, that I was having trouble coming up with fodder for writing this morning.

And then I stared at this for a few moments.
My morning Simple Abundance reading encouraged me to look inward today.  And my mug is telling me to "Be happy."  So I started thinking "What do I need at this very moment to be truly happy?"

Leaving work at a decent hour with necessary tasks completed.  Going to bed when I'm tired, not allowing the clock, TV, or computer screen to dictate my bedtime.  Waking up without an alarm and feeling completely rested. Getting back to daily exercise, preferably outdoors, because I haven't been breathing much fresh air these past workdays.  Drinking coffee/ water/ wine on the porch.  Pulling a book from the multitude of stacks in my home, and getting lost in it for hours on end.  Eating fresh, healthy food and watching the scale drop a bit as the result.  Taking care of the small tasks listed on sticky notes on my desk because I have the energy to do so.  Writing the thank-you notes still needed for my wonderful birthday gifts.  Buying a new tub mat so I can enjoy a bubble bath.  Reconnecting with friends face to face.  Clearing physical space on my desk, in my bedroom.

Looking back over this list, I desperately need...Spring Break.

No comments:

Post a Comment