Monday, March 13, 2023

SOLSC '23 Day 13: Spring Break list

 

It's day three of Spring Break, and all I've accomplished these past two days is a bit more sleep, washing the bedsheets, grocery shopping, washing and putting up a heavy afghan (it's getting too warm at night to use one), a couple loads of clothes laundry, and a trip to a favorite winery to treat my husband to a birthday lunch.

My to-do list for the next few days:
Send St Patrick's Day cards
Finally put away the Christmas tablecloth and throw blankets
Display spring decorations
Put away winter clothes (I don't like wearing dark colors in spring)
Purge the winter clothes I didn't fit into, or won't fit into by next winter
Put away winter shoes
Find the earrings that fell among the pile of winter shoes
Put away my winter scents (yes, I'm seasonal that way, too)
Find my ring that fell behind my collection of scented body lotions
Clean up piles of books
Find a very important notebook my father gave me several years ago
Find the top of my desk--or at least a corner of it
Find the floor of my bedroom by my bed (see above note about books)
Plant milkweed and basil; buy more plants for my containers
Plan the next couple of weeks
Plan menus for the next couple of months (I'm waaayyy behind on this one)
Plan for the Girl Scout meeting I'll be holding while running a book fair
Shop for refreshments for the teacher book fair preview
Make progress in reading the six books I'm juggling
Pack for a one night trip to see the kids
Remember to breathe, nap, and relax--it's Spring Break! 

3 comments:

  1. This is quite a list. I like how one thing built on another. My holiday to-do list usually consists of two items only: sleep and read. Make sure to put anything you accomplish to the ta-da list for a celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This list looks like one that you'll be able to work and play a little to accomplish on your break - - the breathing at the end is my favorite! The napping and relaxing and carefree spirit of a school break is just a little slice of heaven. Changing clothes for the season (and scents) gets the mindset ready to embrace the new. Being able to go see the kids is the icing on top! Do you plant the milkweed as a host plant for butterflies? We do that with fennel, and we get black swallowtails! I love going out in the heat and seeing the fennel loaded down with the caterpillars. Have a safe trip !

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first thought was Gracious, what a list! But on reading, I was struck by the do-ability of most of it. How often the word "find" appeared. For me there's such closure and pleasure, such a sense of accomplishment and order, in finding a lost thing - at least you know where to look for the earring and ring! The power of mental notes, at work! And I so hope you find that special notebook from your dad. Most of all I am glad you've found time to sleep. I hope it's been good rest.

    ReplyDelete