Sunday, March 19, 2023

SOLSC '23 Day 19: I don't feel like writing today

 

The birds greeting the dawn outside my window have plenty to say.  Or maybe they're just reminding me to fill the feeder.

Me, I've got nothin'.

Today, I'm tired of telling stories about myself.  My kids are more interesting than me these days, but they're not kids anymore, and their stories are theirs to tell now.  (Aren't you proud of me for using "they're" and "their" correctly before I've had even one cup of coffee?)

Maybe it's just the last-day-of-Spring-Break doldrums.  Maybe it's because I really need that cup of coffee, and to fill that feeder.

Maybe it's because I'm waaayyyy behind in reading comments for the SOLSC, and that's how I'll be spending time today, instead of trying to write a witty/ interesting/ thoughtful piece of prose.

Whatever the reason, this is all I've got today.  

9 comments:

  1. It might be all you’ve got - but you did it! (I know this feeling, and it happens but writing your way through it is the best way to deal!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was really struggling this morning...

      Delete
  2. Your post is great! It's funny and it's relatable. We've all been there, the difference is you've found a way to add humor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd rather laugh about it than pout, for sure! And luckily, I came up with fodder for tomorrow; whew!

      Delete
  3. Don't put too much pressure on yourself and enjoy your last day of spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can so relate! There's always that one day when we've got nothing! And then we write about that, and voila! A slice! I'm behind on commenting too so I'll be busy doing more of that today as well. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think many of us feel this during this week of the challenge. This is where we dig and just write something--which you did! another day down. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Natalie Dunne

    I think it's that time of the challenge. It's getting hard to come up with ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think your...I mean you're...any further behind on comments than I am. But I think it's the last day of spring break that has you feeling this way. I may just be the most difficult thing about teaching - the return after break. :) Hoping your week goes well.
    -rg

    P.S. Fill the feeder :)

    ReplyDelete