Thursday, March 23, 2023

SOLSC '23 Day 23: Deadlines

 

I should have seen it coming.  I mean, we've already been asked to communicate our intentions for next year.  That alone should be the starting bell for...

...the season of deadlines.

I looked at the date yesterday, and realized that receipts for my grant project are due this Friday.  Then I checked my email, and our purchasing department sent out the deadlines for purchases and receiving.  This reminded me that I still need to have a meeting with my principal about next year's library budget, due before April nineteenth.  And there's the application for the summer learning library position that needs to be finished. 

There may be nine weeks left in the school year, but I've only got six weeks of library visits with students left due to end-of-year inventory (another deadline).  We need to do the grant project, take pictures, and submit the grant requirements by May.  I need to read the last two Armadillo Readers' Choice books to my K-2 classes and have them vote for their favorites the first week of May, too.

I know May sounds far away...but with testing season thrown in there and our annual state library conference, the days to get things done are dwindling...and the deadlines are coming, fast and furious.

Is your calendar ready, teachers?

4 comments:

  1. Time is weird, right. Everything marches along, and every day has the same number of minutes, but sometimes they go a lot faster than others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My calendar is so not ready! My seniors are done on May 24, and I lose one week to spring break, one week to testing (they don't come to the building for 2 days during testing--which means they will likely miss 3, 4 or 5 days), and one week to their senior capstone presentations. I have no idea how to get through the required content and assessment in this amount of time! Amazing how this final stretch of the year flies by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...so much is going on in this slice! I have anxiety for you with all the looming deadlines. I sure hope you find time for it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm right there with you. Bam, it just slams you out of nowhere, so it seems. My book fair will go from 4 days to 3 because testing, plus that Friday the 7th we have off. Then setting up dates for PD in August. We can't even look forward to summer with all of the dates for next fall already filling up those empty boxes. Keep them empty! Or at least let us enjoy looking at the blank spaces for a few weeks. Whew!

    ReplyDelete