Saturday, March 18, 2023

SOLSC '23 Day 18: Dublin for St Patrick's Day

 

I went to Dublin yesterday
it wasn't very far--
I started off in Denton
and I jumped into my car

The ride was really pretty
green grass and skies of blue
giant spinning wind farms
and a sheep or two

Shamrocks started popping up
right at the city line
green ribbons and golden streamers
tied to light posts and street signs

The streets were lined with lots of cars
but nary a soul was seen
I guess everyone was tucked inside
most likely with beers of green

So I pulled aside a time or two
took photos behind the wheel
drove down side streets just to see
if I was missing the big deal

Double checked the website
to see if something was the matter
seems most of Dublin will be celebrating
not today--but the day after!

Ah, well, at least I can say I've been to Dublin on St Patrick's Day!  May the luck o' the Irish be with ya'!

3 comments:

  1. This is so fun and festive, Chris!! Thanks for the photographic and poetic journey. My husband and I braved a St. Pat's buffet and it was great! Luck o' the Irish to you also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun poem and road trip! Did you happen to get a Dublin Dr. Pepper? Looks like a cute little town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun and musical poem. Sorry you were a day early for the Dublin party.

    ReplyDelete