Friday, March 11, 2022

SOLSC '22 Day Eleven: Drowsy tingles

 

After a frenetic day
I fall on the couch
It pulls me like a magnet
Trying to relax

I fall on the couch
Watching serious sitcoms
Trying to relax
The tension refusing to release

Watching serious sitcoms
 Finding no relief
The tension refusing to release
I turn to an ASMR video

Finding no relief
It pulls me like a magnet
I turn to an ASMR video
After a frenetic day.

Thanks to Fran Haley at Lit Bits and Pieces for the pantoum inspiration!

Here's an ASMR video from my favorite channel.


5 comments:

  1. WOW!!! I love how the repetition makes this poem for powerful. The couch pulling like a magnet is powerful figurative language. And thanks for teaching me what ASMR is!
    I hope your Friday goes well and you can find some rest on that couch this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you played with the pantoum form to express your need for relaxation. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You nailed it, Chris, like I KNEW you would - both the form and content! Oh the need to relax - and Drowsy Tingles is such a magnetic title. Don't you love the flow of a pantoum? Musical in its own unique way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, this structure really elevates the frustration you're feeling as you seek relaxation. As a reader, I sink progressively deeper through each stanza right into that ending.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frenetic is definitely the word of the day. Week. Year? I like the structure and repetition of this poem. I am always learning something new from you. Something new for me to try.
    My daughter introduced me to ASMR. I haven't watched them for relaxing though, more for understanding what it is. She also introduced me to lo-fi music. I play it in the library and the kids love it. Enjoy your break.

    ReplyDelete