Tuesday, March 15, 2022

SOLSC '22 Day Fifteen: Puttering to pondering

 

Spring Break Mondays
are meant for puttering
Body and mind still unsure
 of time and location
Priorities unknown
Task lists self-generated
(and often left undone)

Spring Break Mondays
are meant for meandering
Whether down roads, home halls,
or thoughts 
No specific destination
or problem to be solved
(but often surprises along the way)

Spring Break Mondays
are meant for pondering
What lies behind this school year
and what lies ahead
A slight panic as you think
about the fast, final weeks...
(STOP.  You are on Spring Break!) 

4 comments:

  1. I feel all of this. My favorite word: puttering. And now it's almost Wednesday. Spring Break Mondays are for trying to hold on to the week to squeeze out every drop of "free" time. Enjoy the rest of the break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The week went by so fast, Alice! But I think I needed an unscheduled, unhurried five days. I refuse to feel guilty about the list that remains undone.

      Delete
  2. You captured exactly how I feel at the beginning of each break! Enjoy you break.

    ReplyDelete