Monday, March 21, 2022

SOLSC '22 Day Twenty-one: As it was in the beginning...

 

Spring break began with puttering, and it ended with puttering.  Kind of.  

I was up before anyone else, even the sun.  I drank my coffee, wrote my Slice, filled the birdfeeder, and started organizing jewelry in the new containers I bought online from Michael's, all before "CBS Sunday Morning" came on.  Halfway through that, I started cooking the bacon I promised college grad boy for his send-off breakfast.

The show was watched, breakfast was made, and then the real puttering began.  Planning outfits for the week.  Finishing the jewelry organizing.  Watering the container plants that looked wilted.  Shooing the squirrels away from the bird feeder (that happened three times!).  Doing some more online jigsaw puzzles.  

College grad boy headed back home mid-afternoon, and I sat down to work on the professional development modules I had put off.  I was forty-five minutes in...and there was a video requirement, one that called for access to a doc camera and definitely makeup.  Since I didn't have access to the former, and wasn't in the mood to apply the latter, I took it as a sign from the Universe that I should just take some of my prep day tomorrow and work on it then. 

I set out my clothes for the week, even picked out some of the jewelry I could now clearly see in the new containers to go along with the outfits.  Then I poured myself a libation and got to work writing. 

It's been a nice, puttering-kind-of-Spring Break.  May the next nine weeks be productive--and go quickly!

4 comments:

  1. I have to say that I love the procrastination (justified) with this in-depth PD. Finally immersing... and the sign to not continue being having to put on make-up... I don't blame you! You SHOULD be puttering on spring break! Mine is still weeks away and I am not sure I've got the stamina to get there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Puttering is my favorite way to spend a day. No obligations (even if it is PD, bleh...) and do what you can and want. Here's to the next two and half months. They will go quickly, but drag on in between. I liked how you decided to skip the make-up and the video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the word puttering. It so perfectly captures what it is. I love the way you play with words here and can so feel the vibe of this day. Thanks for pulling back the curtain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a quiet Spring Break, much like the one I'm having now.

    ReplyDelete