Sunday, March 27, 2022

SOLSC '22, Day Twenty-seven: Time to talk

 

We share

a love of literacy
and blank journals
and pens
and stickers
and planners

We share

the journey of motherhood
and learning
and growing
and changing
and improving

We share

the same career
the pursuit of knowledge
the love of education
the belief in the supernatural
the appreciation of a well-poured drink

(even if we can't indulge like we used to,
in our young lives apart,
but I'm glad we take the time
together now,
as crone and near-crone,
 to talk)

Here's to good friends--cheers!

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful poem.

    You know, this poem brings to mind a dear friend of mine who just crossed into crone territory, while I find myself looking across the narrowing gap there.

    What a beautiful tribute to your friendship. Thank you for bringing a smile to my face today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this person! Cheers, Chris (as I lift my glass of not champagne but Topo Chico because my window of imbibing time has expired, like Cinderella at the ball, sheesh!) And some of those stories may become slices. If they don't creep me out too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris, I am glad that you shared today's thoughts with a poem. I think as we get to the end of the month of slicing, we become more reminiscent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I celebrate good friends and pens and journals and motherhood with you all from afar, Chris. Moments like these are treasures, indeed. Count me in on the supernatural talk, too :)

    ReplyDelete