Friday, March 8, 2024

SOLSC '24 Day eight: Is it really a Spring Break?

I started the list yesterday at my circ desk.  Eight days of Spring Break to try to get stuff done (I don't count the Sunday before we go back, because it's already designated as the usual prepare-for-the-week day).

Here's my overly-ambitious to-do list:
  • Get eight or more hours of sleep each night.
  • Clean up and repot the houseplants.
  • FINALLY get the Christmas tablecloth off of the table. (Please don't judge.)
  • FINALLY mail some belated Christmas gifts.  (Again, no judging...)
  • Figure out what plants will survive the brutal afternoon sun in front of our house, since we lost our old, shady oak tree in the February 2023 ice storm.
  • Pot those heat-loving plants (and water them often, I'm guessing already).
  • Purge a gazillion pieces of clothing.  Okay, maybe a couple dozen.  Four or five?
  • Try once again to find the tops of my desk and my vanity...and my bedroom floor by my bed...and that earring I lost two months ago...
  • Take a day road trip somewhere, anywhere.  Or spend the night somewhere, if I get antsy.  Does the hotel around the corner count as a day trip?
  • Complete some job-related and insurance paperwork.
  • Try and get a haircut (LONG overdue, pun intended).
  • Keep up with Slicing, of course.
Anyone else in our SOLSC community on Spring Break this coming week?  Do you have a list to complete, or are you taking it easy?

 

3 comments:

  1. I have re-potted half of my plants, but I'm afraid I unintentionally damaged some because they were left outside too long-without having re-potted them. Maybe I'll drop off those bags of clothes sitting in my trunk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you get some of the things from the to-do list to the ta-da list, it's already a great win. I hope you have plenty of rest and play during the break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris, you remind me of me with this overly-ambitious to-do list. I make such lists mainly so I won't forget what I want done, and to somehow come up with a plan of attack. I for one certainly will not judge the Christmas tablecloths...I still have garland on my piano and mantel. I tell myself - it's "winter" garland and spring is not here, not yet! As to my break...it's Holy Week, which is really hard for a minister's family in regard to doing anything major at home or to have a relaxing vacation. The week after, now - that would be a gift! I hope you get a good many of these items checked off. I am chuckling about the clothing, especially, the reduction of purging a gazillion things to four or five. I so get this. We each need to pull everything out while singing "Let it Go..." I do hope you get to do a trip!!

    ReplyDelete