Saturday, March 16, 2024

SOLSC '24 Day Sixteen: One card, six images

 

My mental health journey has several different pathways:  counseling, boundary setting at work, getting more rest (or trying to, anyway), supplements, and SoulCollage.

I've always known that SoulCollage helped my spirit...but it wasn't until this last year that I realized that it really helps my mental health.  Through the images I'm able to explore what's bothering me, what makes me tick, what brings me joy--often without knowing any of this before images "speak" to me to be used in some way on that five by eight card...or several cards, if there are too many to fit.

Our facilitator is an expert at choosing meditations, prompts, and themes to guide us into a space where we can just be for a few hours, creating cards as individual as our life experiences and reading them through our own private lens.  We are free to share them or not, but often times, it is such a release and relief to connect the pictures to our lives out loud.  No judgement, not even therapeutic feedback (this is not a therapy session!), just acceptance and gratitude for being vulnerable.

The validation of who we are right here, right now, is healing in itself.  I present my card from today's session on finding the hidden gems within us.  One card, six images that bring a smile to my face and a lightness to my spirit.  Maybe you will find something to read about yourself within the card, too.

4 comments:

  1. SoulCollage is new to me. I have never heard of it before but now I plan to look into it. The large flower speaks to me and reminds me of Georgia O'Keefe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting picture! Now I'm interested in learning more about Soul Collage! Your post has me very intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting. A picture created in meditation? The check mark meaning ok, the bird on the finger peaceful, the brilliant flower, positive in so many ways? Etc. love ya, Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of Soul College, but it sounds wonderful. Finding the hidden gems is truly joyful. Thanks for sharing about this experience!

    ReplyDelete