Tuesday, March 26, 2024

SOLSC '24 Day Twenty-six: The eyes have it

I dropped the drops
I popped the pill
Both promising all day relief

And so it seemed
throughout the day
no cause for disbelief

A dribble here
a throat itch there
no major symptoms shown

So home I went
and sat outside...
and there, the cover was blown

My eyes turned red
they itched and burned
with no relief in sight

Til I dropped more drops
popped more pills
and closed them for the night.

My eye, reacting to allergens.

Allergies in Central Texas are no joke, y'all!  Here's hoping I don't wake up with my eyes glued shut!

 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Chris - allergies are clearly as bad in Texas as they are in central NC. Pine pollen has coated everything here with a fine thick yellow powder, so pervasive. Thank heaven we've just had a lot of rain. Do you know what's in bloom out there that you're so allergic to? At any rate - my heart goes out to you and your poor eyes! I've had many a day of having to "unglue" my own with a warm cloth. The stuff really sticks. Your poem is wonderful, with beats and rhymes falling perfectly. Just - ouch for your eyes. Here's hoping the double-dosing helps soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, the pollen, Fran! I'm guessing it's the live oaks for me, this time of year, as they're responsible for the pervasive dusty coating. I have found that washing off my makeup and changing into pajamas earlier in the evening helps; maybe the stuff is stuck to my eyelashes and clothes!

      Delete