Wednesday, March 6, 2024

SOLSC '24 Day Six: Six by six

 

Custodian did a great job cleaning.

Students enjoy exploring on their own.

Tony Hawk's basic moves impress kids.

Assistant has eagle eyes for misbehavior.

My colleagues ask really smart questions.

Butterflies and june bugs are back.

(And just so you don't have to wonder...)

We had a virtual, districtwide reading trivia battle yesterday, and my team left some popcorn bits on the carpet, which needed to be gone before a parent event this morning.

Our library "lesson" for third through fifth graders this week involves fifteen minutes to click on anything in the TrueFlix database.

We are reading Skater Cielo by Rachel Katstaller (English and Spanish versions!) in kindergarten through second grades.  Quite a few had difficulty envisioning the "flying" part of skateboarding in a pool, so I managed to find a quick YouTube video of Tony Hawk doing just that.

Whenever my back is turned, my assistant is quick to notice who's playing around in the back aisles of the library.

There are changes afoot in state mandates for curriculum. My colleagues brought up the topic and asked questions during our leadership meeting today.

I spent a lovely half-hour on my back porch after school watching red admiral butterflies dance in tandem, pausing every few minutes to bask on our old wooden playscape in the waning sunlight.  In the evening, I was startled by my first june bug sighting of the season outside my kitchen window...already?

Red admiral butterfly basking in the sun

4 comments:

  1. I really love this format, how fun! I love the parenthesis note...because I was very much wondering, so many questions?! Thank you for answering them though LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, it is good to be in contact with you again. Your creative slice is an interesting one. I especially like how you inserted a nature observation at the end. Hope to see you at SJT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great technique to pair your six word "stories" with back story. And the June bugs! I spotted two yesterday. The one about your assistant made me laugh. Eagle eyes aren't part of the job description, but I think they all have them. Aren't we lucky?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this format & especially the paragraphs with the rest of the story.

    ReplyDelete