Friday, March 8, 2019

SOLSC '19 Day Eight: The one that got away

One more week of work to go before our Spring Break (I think I can, I think I can...)

It's important to note the timing of this Slice.  One more week until Spring Break, which means this is March.  Seventy-three days since Christmas, and sixty-one days since Epiphany, when we stop celebrating Christmas in our house. 

(Side note: Did you know that you can get Google to count the days for you?)

Imagine my surprise when I shuffled into my dressing area the other night, turned on the lights, and saw this on my bedroom wall:

It took my tired brain a few seconds to process what I was seeing, and then find the source of the strange shadow:

Yes, there on top of the half-wall separating my vanity from the bedroom is a ceramic Nativity scene.  For awhile, I was unintentionally collecting Nativity sets, and have several that I display in various locations around the house for Christmas.  In the end-of-holiday-season cleaning sweep, I must have missed this one, blending in as it does with the walls behind it.  

The little statue is still up there, now covered in dust, possibly waiting for Seamus the leprechaun to leave a pot o' gold at baby Jesus' feet on St Patrick's Day--which is only nine days away, if you're counting.


3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful discovery you had after investigating where the shadow was coming from. Yes, it may be covered with dust, but you can still see its beauty.

    One more week till break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect and treasured small moment Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this ending about the pot o' gold being left for Baby Jesus. Also love the capturing of the shadow and your trying to figure it out - that could be almost haunting, in a good way. A lovely and comforting post, with the focus on the Nativity scene and even the dust (because I can relate!).

    ReplyDelete