Sunday, March 17, 2019

SOLSC '19 Day Seventeen: Seamus and Spring Break

I am particularly fond of today's Google Doodle:
St. Patrick's Day 2019
Threes crop up in major events in my life, and I'm half-Irish, so anything that features Celtic triad symbols brings a smile to my face.

On the home front, it seems that Seamus the leprechaun has struck again:
Our son has his work cut out for him this morning--eighty-six chocolate coins to find!  He can take the sweet treat back to college this afternoon, his Spring Break coming to a close just as mine is beginning.

I have grand plans for this week:  lunch with friends; one day (just!) at work to catch up; an artsy day with canvas, paints, and crocheting; taxes day (ugh); gardening, inside and out; spring cleaning and decorating; reading; and lots of time outdoors, weather permitting.

But today, it's all about lucky chocolate coins, and hopefully a shamrock cookie or two, before seeing our college boy off once again.

Happy St Patrick's Day!


7 comments:

  1. Happy St. Patrick's Day to you too. Your college son will feel like a kid again finding those coins. Enjoy your spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this tradition of hidden chocolate coins. And your spring break plans sound perfect. Enjoy the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiding chocolate coins is a new one for me. Sounds delicious! I like your spring break plans. I have one more week before my break.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great tradition! My husband is half Irish, and his way of celebrating St. Patrick's Day is making Irish Stew. I love how the last sentence of your Slice brings the focus from the business of life back to traditions and family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you are still doing it with your son ... I am about to fly home. I might just have to make sure there is some late day magic in our house. They loved it when they were young. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spring break! Ours just started also. I am trying to get the kids to add some things to the calendar, like picking a fun new place to eat lunch, but so far they are more interested in Fortnite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the Google design as well - currently thinking of threes, guess what? The finches nesting on my wreath laid a total of three eggs! (Hmm; slice-worthy?) I hope you had a lovely time with your son!

    ReplyDelete