Tuesday, March 19, 2019

SOLSC '19 Day Nineteen: March magic

I was running five minutes late.  I'm usually the punctual one, arriving early, but I'm moving slow this Spring Break.  The weather was beautiful, and the Universe had put my favorite driving sing-along song on the radio--"Come Sail Away" by Styx--so I shrugged off my guilt, sang along, and landed in the parking lot just as "I climbed aboard the starship and headed for the skies."

Hands laden with two gift bags, the expression on my face as I entered the restaurant had the hostess immediately asking "Are you here with two people?"  I nodded.  "Right this way."

The other two Piscean Princesses had already tucked into chips and margaritas, but stood up to give me a hug.  We chatted so much that the waitress had to come back twice to get our orders.

More talk of jobs, children, books, clothes ensued.

"Can you believe we've been doing this for nine years?" the oldest asked.  We all shook our heads.  
"And look how far we've come," I answered.  
"We are all in better places now," the youngest, my birthday twin, added.

An exchange of gifts, a group photo by the waitress texted to a missing friend, and we said our goodbyes.  We promised this time to celebrate our half-birthdays in September--a year is too long to wait for this kind of magic. 

2 comments: