Friday, March 22, 2019

SOLSC '19 Day Twenty-two: Be here now

Gratitude is the capacity to stare
doubt, loss, chaos and despair
right in the eye and say,
‘I am still here.’

DIANA BUTLER BASS

A gift from a Piscean Princess

Prompted me to sit on the back patio twice yesterday, 
just to pet the neighbor's cat
and feel her purrs rumbling in my palm

To breathe the crisp morning air
and watch the sun rise over the trees
before walking and noticing 
the unfurling of fig leaves

To soak in the waning warmth of the afternoon
and watch the dog-walkers on the trail
before getting lost in a book
the cat sleeping at my feet.

4 comments:

  1. I love your simple, beautifully crafted message.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kim. It was wonderful just to sit and "be".

      Delete
  2. Beautiful moments expressed in beautiful words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful - words, sense of peace, photos. I love the light on the leaves and the "Be Here Now" encouragement - so needed, so important. I think too of the mutuality: you and the cat, especially, benefiting from being "in the now" together.

    ReplyDelete