Sunday, March 10, 2019

SOLSC '19 Day Ten: Routines

Reaching into the drawer next to the stove for a specific spatula, I started thinking of the routines embedded in my Sunday morning.  Whenever I cook with this pan, this is the spatula I reach for; it is just the right size, and the angled edge is great for flipping scrambled eggs--a dish typically reserved for unhurried Sunday mornings.  It is old, stained, and slightly melted on one side, but I can't bear to replace it.
I make my own coffee every morning, even on Sundays, because I usually wake up earlier than my husband, who is particular about the freshness of his brew and likes to add his milk right into his pot.  This mug is my February-into-March favorite, about to be replaced with my usual spring mug.
In the spirit of "eating the frog first" , I empty the dishwasher while my coffee is brewing, so I can refill it throughout the day. 
Every Sunday, I watch "CBS Sunday Morning" from 8a to 930a.  It's my quick access to the news and stories that are informative, entertaining, and spirit-lifting.
Image result for cbs sunday morning logo
During the commercials, I check the weather forecast for the week and write down the highs, lows, and precipitation percentages so I can plan my work clothes. I also start filling in my week's activities in my planner, including the habits I'm working on this month.  (Writing them down doesn't mean they'll get done, but I keep hoping...)
Most Sundays, I go grocery shopping with my husband.  He's in a hurry this morning, so I get to stay home, do laundry, and prepare for the week.

A slice of my Sunday morning; what are your favorite weekend routines?

10 comments:

  1. I love the desciptions with photos pattern of this slice! I love the term "unhurried Sunday mornings". I always say I love my job and going to work Monday to Friday - I just hate the rushing! I think my favorite Sunday routine is enjoying a brewed cup of coffee in my favorite spot on the couch while catching up with local news or, in March, slices! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you I'm also a routine/ plan ahead girl. It seems like you had a good balance of "chores" and being able to relax :) I'd have to say my favorite Sunday routine is putting everything on hold in the afternoon and catch up on mindless shows from the week. This gives me time to relax and clear my head before moving on to more tasks! Thanks for sharing your routines!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thrive on my routines! Coffee, run, blog writing, daughter’s breakfast, shower, laundry, grocery shop, laundry, laundry, laundry. Sometimes out for lunch. TV time with the family in the same room. Ready for bed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is comfort in routine. I had to chuckle about the spatula. I have one that I only use to flip eggs in the morning. I have to wash it by hand because I never know if I will fill the dishwasher in a day. How could I ever flip my eggs without my special spatula!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have established some helpful routines like planning the new week and supporting habit building. A cup of tea is part of my morning routine every day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, too, thrive on routine, and I enjoyed reading about yours. I love that you change your mug with the month or season!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your routine sounds so comforting. I do similar things, grocery store for example, but all a little differently. I am so glad you taught me the phrase eating the frog first. It made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My weekdays are more routine than my weekends. I enjoy the unhurriedness and spontaneity of the weekend routine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the idea of a slice about routines. You do this very well - I feel like I fit right in to these habits - and I love the addition of the pictures. This week is our March break, so routine will not be our thing, but next week I may follow your lead.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Sunday morning routines sound really appealing to me. A slice about routines is a good idea- tucking it away.

    ReplyDelete