Monday, March 12, 2018

SOLSC '18 Day Twelve: Acrostic theme

Flying, and 
Looking up
Isn't as easy a theme as I thought it would be.  I need to
Gather more ideas,
Head outside, maybe, and
Turn my head to the sky once more.

************
The first Monday of Spring Break.  Time change has made it pitch black at this hour when I've become accustomed to hints of dawn.  My home-from-college son sleeps on the sofa; why, I don't know, as his bed is perfectly available.  I'll have to tiptoe through my coffee routine, then return to the study to wonder about what I'll see when daylight arrives and I look up for inspiration.

10 comments:

  1. Funny, I have trouble posting something short without adding a little more - and yet, I appreciate your short acrostic for what it is. That said, I love that your son is asleep on the couch when "his bed is perfectly available." Makes me smile to think that my own two will continue to shape my life - or at least my mornings - as they grow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amanda. I had to add the scene; it's hard to be cross at the change in my routine, knowing he's home because he wants to be, not because he has to be here.

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed your acrostic as it reminded me of how they should be written. Holding on to the theme of the word. Thanks for reminding me to write one soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was reminded of this form by Fran McVeigh, another Slicer. Glad to pass the torch!

      Delete
  3. I did an acrostic today too! But it's a lot longer! So it's not really a poem at that point, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beauty of writing is that we all make it our own!

      Delete
  4. I like the idea of acrostic theme poem, might try that since I am running out of ideas. This year seems harder than last year. Loved the last line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some years seem harder than others, Shawn. I'm trying to stick to my theme...hoping I have eighteen more days of ideas left!

      Delete
  5. I slept through both early mornings post-DST, so I've missed the dark mornings. But I appreciated the light drive home tonight! I enjoyed the ACROSTIC accompanied by a short narrative - I can't wait to try that out this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The acrostic was a good scaffold to build upon; glad to pass along the idea, Ashley!

      Delete