Thursday, March 29, 2018

SOLSC '18 Day Twenty-nine: The breakup

My original plan:

  • Leave work right at 330p.
  • Head to the post office to mail a package to a fellow Slicer
  • Get home by 430p to participate in an online committee meeting for our upcoming librarian conference
  • Enjoy the rest of my evening, to include a healthy salad for dinner
Then I realized that I might get stuck at the post office, so my plan changed:
  • Finish filling out the two hundred amusement park tickets (rewards for a reading program)
  • Leave by 400p to rush home and log in to participate in an online committee meeting for our upcoming librarian conference
  • Enjoy the rest of my evening, to include a healthy salad for dinner

Then patrons came in, and my plan changed to:

  • Assist the patrons with finding and checking out books
  • Finish filling out the two hundred amusement park tickets (rewards for a reading program) and delivering them to the teachers' mail cubbies
  • Turning out the lights, shutting down the circulation desk computers
  • Retreating to my cluttered office, where I closed the door and the blinds, logged on to the online meeting, and ate so many Reese's peanut butter cups in one hour that my trash can looked like Halloween aftermath.
By the time I got home at 600p, I was sick to my stomach.  I think I cured a candy addiction by the saturation method.  

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, I'm breaking up with you.

8 comments:

  1. Hahaha - I love how your plans change over and over. I know that experience. And I didn't see the Reese's peanut butter cup break up coming (despite your title), but oh! I know that experience, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those plans changed in the course of an hour, Amanda! Happens all the time in the library. Of course, the Reese's was completely unplanned...

      Delete
  2. Love the evolution (or would it be de-evolution) of your day! And you have such a creative format! I didn't expect it to be a break-up with Reeses Peanut Butter Cups- surprise ending!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It all started with the sick stomach, Lanny, and I worked my way backward from there, realizing what a caddywhompus afternoon I'd had. I'd rather break up with Reese's than with my job, any day. ;-)

      Delete
  3. I really enjoyed the format of this piece and the bulleted points. I have also done that exact thing with Reese's, many many years ago, and haven't eaten one since!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elisabeth, I almost gagged at the sight of chocolate cake batter being poured into a pan on a TV cooking show that evening. And I am a confirmed chocoholic! Just no more Reese's, at least for awhile...

      Delete
  4. A reminder that "the best laid plans of mice and men" don't always go as we hoped, and I can't tell you how many times I've broken up w/ Reese's Peanut Butter Cups!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in good company then, Glenda! Yes,one of these days I'll leave work when I said I would....

      Delete