Wednesday, March 28, 2018

SOLSC '18 Day Twenty-eight: Rude awakening

The phone rang three minutes before my alarm this morning.  My first alarm is set for 0415.  

Thank goodness for caller ID; my worry over a sick (or worse) child/relative/friend quickly dissipated when I saw CODERED on the tiny screen.  Hitting the talk button, I started listening to the flash flood warning and hung up before the message finished.  We live outside of a flood zone, and fifteen more minutes of sleep was not going to change our status.

After emptying the dishwasher and making my coffee, I checked for news of road closures and school delays.  Nothing is noted within my commute, and there's no news from my school district.

Thanks for the rude awakening, Mother Nature.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you are an early riser! Your piece immediately interested me...where is this going? Glad it was nothing serious :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It went nowhere but a gray, rainy day, Lanny. There were some issues to the south and east of us, but we just got some much needed rain!

      Delete
  2. To quote Stephanie Tanner, "How rude!" Mother Nature doesn't seem to understand just how much we teachers love sleep. I'm glad you live outside of the flood zone though and avoid that whole mess.

    ReplyDelete