Monday, March 26, 2018

SOLSC '18 Day Twenty-six: Adulting is not fun today

Adulting is not fun sometimes, especially when I am sick I know exactly what is wrong with me and I will call the doctor this morning but I woke up with a fever and now I'm trying to decide whether I should go to my all-day once-a-month meeting or not I know I'm not contagious by any stretch but I am achy and sweaty but I ordered a Jason's Deli lunch but someone else could eat it am I being a woose by even considering staying home or is it self-care and the right thing to do I have to make a decision by 545a in order to have time to get ready if I decide to go to the meeting but then I'll have to slip out this morning to make a phone call to the doctor to see if she can see me after the meeting.

Adulting is not fun today.

8 comments:

  1. Stay home. The lunch won’t taste good if you’re sick. And I like your nod to Faulkner w/ this stream-of-consciousness contemplation. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Glenda. I'll decide for sure once I take a shower. I hate missing a monthly meeting, especially since its the last before our big annual conference; ugh!

      Delete
  2. This piece perfectly captures the "yes but yes but" swirl of thinking as we try to make a decision that honestly sometimes we probably wish someone else would make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you stay home? It sounded like you should. Perfect title... I agree, sometimes it would be nice to have a "mother" say to us as if we were a child, "Stay home!" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't stay home, Alice; after a hot shower, with ibuprofen on board, I felt a bit better. And I knew for sure I wasn't contagious. Just slipped out of the meeting an hour early to see the doc.

      Delete
  4. I agree, adulting is often not fun. I hope you found a solution that met your needs and one that allows you to recover quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherri, I was able to attend most of the meeting, then see a doc and get a prescription. I'm counting on the antibiotics to do their job!

      Delete